Lead Software Developer
TORONTO/SAN FRANCISCO: RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT - FULL TIME
The lead software developer will help shape product software architecture and development processes for Oncoustics’ clinical solutions. In typical startup fashion this is a multi-faceted role: primarily cloud-based software and systems development, with a healthy amount of solution design, and some team leadership. You should be excited to design and build clinical solutions that delight clinicians and patients. You should also be interested in innovation, a fast pace, teamwork and collaboration; and you should not be intimidated by rapid change.
- Responsible for working with broader development team to meet delivery objectives
- Hands on development work in backend systems, cloud infrastructure, and ML deployment
- Ensure scalability and stability of system infrastructure through proper design, implementation, and test/monitoring
- Potential for mobile development tasks as well, depending on skill set
- Work across product management and development to turn feature requirements in to technical specifications
- Drive decision-making around system architectures; help design solutions with a platform-based approach to facilitate development of multiple products
- Collaborate with product management and overall team in development of product and infrastructure roadmaps
- Produce diagrams and mockups to facilitate understanding across business and technical teams
- Perform problem investigations and monitor systems for defects by inspecting data and reviewing error logs
- Run code reviews and help ensure quality through established QA processes
- Perform other job duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Engineering or other related majors
- At least 5 years of experience in software development
- Experience with full stack system design, spanning mobile, backend, and cloud
- Experience developing and deploying a cloud-based commercial solution
- Experience deploying AI in the cloud
- Experience working with a team of other developers from project concept through development, QA, and release
- Experience with instrumentation and devops
- Able to take a complex problem and break it in to discrete components divided out amongst a team
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- High degree of pride in your work
- Additional preferred skills:
○ Experience with AWS, Google Cloud (GCP), Azure
○ Experience deploying and managing GPUs
○ Experience in the healthcare industry
○ Experience with mobile development and release to app store
○ Experience working with K8S, Kafka, MongoDB, NodeJs, CI/CD, Mysql, PHP, ReactJs
○ Experience with HIPAA, QMS, SOC2
○ Comfortable speaking and working directly with customers
○ Startup experience
Oncoustics is creating and deploying advanced AI solutions for low cost, non-invasive surveillance, diagnostics, and treatment monitoring of diseases with high unmet clinical need. Unlike other players in the space, we are not doing image recognition. Instead, we apply AI to raw ultrasound signals from readily available handheld ultrasound devices to rapidly differentiate healthy versus diseased tissues. There's a wealth of information in these raw signals and our approach reveals novel biomarkers that can be aligned with existing standards and categorization systems. And as our data is unique and growing as part of our IP - we're hard to copy.
Oncoustics is an innovative player in the medical AI space today and is working to address some of the biggest issues in healthcare: decentralizing healthcare; early detection, intervention, and prevention of disease; lowering costs and increasing access to care; and personalizing medicine by enabling low cost surveillance.
We are a growing startup. There is opportunity to shape our first commercial solutions - influencing product features, choice of tech stacks, and development processes. Everyone works closely with the founder and executive team; decisions are made quickly. Will be able to work across multiple technical (and some non-technical) areas. This role can either grow to a managerial or architect position.
Oncoustics offers a flexible work environment and attractive benefits in a fast moving and exciting startup culture. Our teams are international and multicultural. We have people in Toronto, Calgary, SF Bay Area, Egypt, Europe and Asia. We are dedicated to diversity and advancing the career growth of all our team. Come and join in creating the future of healthcare!